Yoga therapy is for strengthening and stretching safely, improving stress related health conditions, reducing pain and supporting mental health in difficult times.
The benefits of Yoga Therapy are for the whole person: to learn methods to support your health naturally. Whether you want to recover from injury or illness, Yoga Therapy targets both your condition and your whole being. So you can relax, get the rest you need, and feel well enough to exercise at your own pace safely. Click on the schedule below to book a private class. Call or text (289) 928-7292, or e-mail us
Frances is a qualified yoga therapist. Her credentials include over 750 hours of training. Since Yoga Therapy is a relatively new designation, here’s a description: Yoga poses (asana) and breathing exercises (pranayama) are taught to the student, usually with a particular goal in mind. Philosophy and chanting may also be included. The goals include but are not limited to:
- injury recovery and harm reduction- to stretch and strengthen the spine and joints, to support proper mechanics of joints, knees, hips, spine etc., reducing pain and improving mobility
- mental wellness- to support the nervous system and hormonal system to improve sleep, move through loss or trauma, alleviate depression or anxiety.
- illness recovery and immune system support- reduce pain, relieve stress, and stimulate healing. High blood pressure, stress related disease, cancer, and more.
Find balance and recover well-being to pursue the activities and life style you desire
In a typical Yoga Class, led by qualified teachers who instruct and guide you through yoga poses, although assistance is provided, the focus is to move through through the poses, stretching and strengthening, and to feel relaxed and refreshed from the practice.
If you are looking for yoga specifically for a health issue, then Yoga Therapy is recommended. A qualified practitioner has completed 350 or more hours training in Yoga Therapy,or the equivalent, in addition to a yoga teacher training of 200 or more hours.
A qualified practitioner has completed 350 or more hours training in Yoga Therapy,or the equivalent, in addition to a yoga teacher training of 200 or more hours.
Tune in to your desire, focus your efforts, and see how Frances can support you:
- Discover how you can bring more joy into your life
- Plan 1 action to move forward with that instantly gives you a lift
- Identify the obstacles and see how to overcome them
- Learn how we can tailor your yoga program to fit you because you are one of a kind
By Appointment 1 per new student
Book a Deep Dive– space is limited
Private Yoga Therapy Lessons:
A private lesson dials in on the change you want and how to get results quickly. Frances will guide you drawing on a wealth of experience and knowledge. Here’s her credentials
- Learn the basics of your yoga safely
- Receive the support you need to build a yoga practice into your life with confidence
- And get immediate results because you move forward at your own pace
for advanced students and teachers:
- You will learn advanced techniques to deepen and expand your self awareness
- and have the guidance of an experienced yoga therapist to focus your interests and support your practice
- Receive guidance on modifying yoga to work with injury, restrictions, or other individual needs for you and your students
Bonus: Your personally tailored lesson plan to practice at home
Call or Text (289) 928-7292
To contact Frances, call (289) 928-7292, or E-mail
20 Kingswood Drive, Courtice, Ontario